Monday 30 January 2017

UPDATED: GTW Window Addons





UPDATE 30/01/2017: I realised I forgot the matching door, so that has now been added to the archive. It is now available in medium wall height and all original swatches. 
I was reminded by people on tumblr just how much I liked these windows from GTW, but also how limited their use is. So I set about changing that with some addons in additional sizes and also a medium height version. I am happy with how they turned out and now they are so much more usable then the original alone.
The "Look At All This Stuff!" windows have both a standard and diagonal wall meshes, and both have been edited for the new sizes. The "Sims Are Watching" windows didn't come with a diagonal mesh, but I did see there was an issue with the original cutout, so I included a fix for that too. The textures are also linked (not included in the package) so save file size. If you want to recolour these, you will need to make a selective clone of the original window then import just the window textures into my window edits before cloning.

Updates:
  • 28/10/2020: Now compatible with patch 1.66 new cutout system

Details:
  • Requires Get To Work
  • 8 original colour options
  • costs for "Look At All This Stuff!" windows:
    - 1 Tile short/medium: $175/$200
    - 2 Tile medium: $275
    - 3 Tile short/medium: $300/$325
  • costs for "Sims Are Watching" windows:
    - 1 Tile short/medium: $200/$225
    - 2 Tile short/medium: $250/$275
    - 3 Tile medium: $295
  • custom thumbnails
  • found in respective wall height door section of build mode
  • Polycount for "Look At All This Stuff!" windows:
    - 1 Tile short standard/diagonal: 400/384
    - 1 Tile medium standard/diagonal: 424/422
    - 2 Tile medium standard/diagonal: 316/408
    - 3 Tile short standard/diagonal: 368/616
    - 3 Tile medium standard/diagonal: 424/608
  • Polycount for "Sims Are Watching" windows:
    - 1 Tile short/medium: 528/544
    - 2 Tile short/medium: 804/820
    - 3 Tile medium: 974
  • Luxuriant Breeze Double Door
    - 2 Tile medium standard/diagonal: $485, 762/1141 polys
The archive contains the package file and style image inside a folder. Extract the archive using winRAR or winZIP and drop the package file in your mods folder and look for it in-game. 

Download:

9 comments:

  1. I love these windows, but hardly ever used them. This set is so awesome, thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i find it in the game? I can't find it anywhere? Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They appear in the short, medium and tall wall height categories of the window and door section of build mode. If you can't find them there, check you have added them to your mods folder correctly by extracting the archive and placing the package files within. If you have done that but it still doesn't work, check my Installing Content section, you can find the link at the top of my blog.

      Delete
  3. I think you just earned your angel wings for making this set! I love this window but there was nothing to really match it. BLESS YOU! I love your work and appreciate you sharing it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE them!! youre incredible! Any way in the future you'd make them for a tall height?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not as I have no use for them any taller then they are. Since i use friezes, any tall wall height windows rarely get used.

      Delete
  5. I have downloaded this multiple times but I cannot seem to find them in the game...

    ReplyDelete